:: Re: [DNG] xfce not shutting down on…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] xfce not shutting down on Devuan
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 00:26:16 +0200
adamdm <adamdm@???> wrote:

> I can't shutdown Devuan from xfce, the button is just disabled...
> Am I missing something?

I've intermittently had this problem on multiple versions of multiple
distros. I think of it as being part of the plan --- just the way life
is.

If you're really concerned about it, you could put in a (complicated)
hotkey combo to run a shellscript that runs poweroff, and make sure that
poweroff is set in sudoers to run as root and require no password
(assuming this is a personal computer, and not a multiuser).

By the way, if you happen to be booting to the command prompt and then
running startx, Xfce is functioning as designed when it grays out its
shutdown and reboot buttons.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust