:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> writes:
> I reorganised the C source code into header files and C code files. I
> also tested the backend to make sure the reorganisation of the code
> did not impact its functionality. I also included several 'patches' as
> suggested and made sure strcat does behave properly.
>
> Needless to state the obvious this code is still in development which
> means it is not yet ready to be used. However, for development
> evaluation purposes it works.
>
> Here is my humble C code.

An additional remark: Whenever publishing code which does something
useful, one will encounter two kinds of 'stock' reprimands

    1) You shouldn't be doing this at all, instead ... (on to a long
       discussion of hypothetical approaches)

    2) You're code sucks because you're not using MY favorite,
       freely downloadable library ... (C++ considered a freely
       downloadable library for this purpose)

1) is best ignored as it basically just prevents things from getting
done. Provided the existing code works, 2) is best ignored,
too. Everything could be done in a different and better way and
improving something which exists is a lot easier than creating it from
scratch.