:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Author: John Morris
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
On Thu, 2015-08-20 at 07:10 +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> As it is, the frontend can connect on user request. The user can run
> the frontend application, click connect and terminate the application
> and the connection will continue to be functional. This is real KISS
> in practice but I can also make the application automatically run on
> startup of the OS.
>
> Then the frontend can automatically attempt a connection prompting
> the user if no connections are set up.

Just be sure to ask the user whether a connection is an 'automatically
connect' sort of thing or not and save the answer somewhere.
Automatically reconnecting to some APs, like your normal home or work
one, is great. Others, not so much.

> In the first case, I can hide the application window altogether only
> showing it on failing to connect.

That would be the 'UNIX Way', if a program has nothing interesting to
say it should say nothing. Success is generally considered to be 'not
interesting' since it is expected.