:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Edward Bartolo
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Alternatively, instead of running the ifup command with sudo, one can
start the application/daemon itself using sudo. This makes it possible
to use sudo while allowing only our application/daemon to run with
root privileges. I also think, this application can be made into a
daemon and started by a sysvinit script. However, let us not run,
first we learn to walk by providing a way to connect in a desktop or
window manager.

I think, there is no need of providing a graphical dialog for users as
a shell can be made to automatically open asking for the ESSID and
password interactively. I think, I can start working on this, as this
seems to be possible.

On 16/08/2015, Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:
> I think, there is no need of providing a graphical dialog for users as
> a shell can be made to automatically open asking for the ESSID and
> password interactively. I think, I can start working on this, as this
> seems to be possible.
>
> On 16/08/2015, Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:
>> Alternatively, instead of running the ifup command with sudo, one can
>> start the application/daemon itself using sudo. This makes it possible
>> to use sudo while allowing only our application/daemon to run with
>> root privileges. I also think, this application can be made into a
>> daemon and started by a sysvinit script. However, let us not run,
>> first we learn to walk by providing a way to connect in a desktop or
>> window manager.
>>
>> On 16/08/2015, Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:
>>> The ifup command is the one that comes ready with a default
>>> installation.
>>>
>>> The contents of an-interfaces-file is as follows. Be advised that eth0
>>> may not be needed in our case, but I included it to be on the safe
>>> side.

>>> # The loopback network interface
>>> auto lo
>>> iface lo inet loopback
>>>
>>> # The primary network interface
>>> # allow-hotplug eth0
>>> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>>>

>>> # WIFI Configuration
>>> # auto wlan0
>>> iface wlan0 inet dhcp
>>>     wpa-ssid  wifinamestring
>>>     wpa-psk   "password"

>>> I create one interfaces file per wifi point and keep them in a
>>> different location. Then, I use the command:
>>> ifup wlan0 -i specific-interface-file
>>>
>>> I have wpasupplicant installed and the wifi itself is configured only
>>> for encrypted connections.
>>>
>>> The variour interfaces files are made unreadable by non root users by
>>> changing ownership and permissions.
>>>
>>> In the past I used sudo to only allow a custom script be run by non
>>> root. To disallow non root from using ifup with its full flexibility I
>>> created a script which took no parameters to specifically run the ifup
>>> command complete with the parameter list I wanted. Other than ifup was
>>> not allowed to be run by non root.
>>>

>>> I think, the algorithm may work something on these lines:
>>>
>>> 1) query for a list of available ESSIDs
>>> 2) sort for the one with the strongest signal