:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Simon Hobson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
T.J. Duchene <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:

> I am neither an advocate for systemd nor am I an advocate for
> System 5. Both have issues and are basically different approaches to the same
> problem.

If that were the case then there would be no arguments, and probably no Devuan.
If *all* SystemD was was an init system then no problem. But it is not "just another init system" - as already done to death, it's like Japanese Knotweed spreading it's roots through everything. I don't know the people heading it, only the things that have been said. However, I've seen enough from the codebase to convince me it's not a project that should be let anywhere near a production server.

Perhaps if people stopped saying it's a choice between Sys5 and SystemD as an init system then there's be more clarity about the argument.