:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:26:41 +1200
Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> wrote:

> On 16 August 2015 7:47:46 AM GMT+12:00, "T.J. Duchene"
> <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:

> >All that I ever try to say that I think there should be room for
> >both sorts to make Devuan a home. Yes, I think Devuan should have
> >systemd as an option, but only as an option - never part of the base
> >system.
> >

> No no no!!!!!
>
> If you Devuan with systemd.... install Debian.

I agree. Daniel, I don't know why it's so hard for some people to
understand. We're all for freedom of choice, but catering to this
mythical Devuan user who wants systemd reduces *our* choices by making
it much harder to (I've been told not to use the neologism), ummm,
decontaminate Devuan.

Considering the source you're replying to, it's not worth even worrying
about.

The other side sure doesn't respect freedom of choice. That's why
we're here in the first place. Inclusion of systemd tends to reduce
freedom of choice, not enhance it.

> I will not continue to work on Devuan if it means compromising it for
> the systemd fan boys who want to infect Devuan with Lennarts and Co's
> crap. If we could permanently remove avahi and pulseaudio then all
> the better.

I can't blame you a bit, but don't stop because of the guy to whom
you're replying.

> If you want systemd with your linux, your in the wrong forum and
> looking at the wrong distrobution.

A-friggin-men, and that's why I long ago piped his messages
to /dev/null. And yet, apparently, months later, he's still advocating
bringing systemd into Devuan.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust