:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: Simon Hobson
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Simon Hobson <linux@???> writes:
> T.J. Duchene <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:
>> I used Debian Sid recently, with the apparent ability to boot
>> using either System 5 or Systemd via Grub. The choice seems clear to me
>> that Devuan could minimize upsteam maintenance by looking at that.
>
> The problem is not which init system to use - SystemD is not just an
> init system. Even if you use Sys5 init, there are a lot of packages
> that require parts of SystemD to install/work - so being able to boot
> with Sys5 init is a bit of a red herring really.

As recently demonstrated, dealing with such situations one-by-one isn't
really a problem: You (or anyone else) could use the patch I posted to
compile a systemd-free clamav package for Jessie and share the results
for distribution. In case it doesn't address the issue completely enough
from a practical point, I could very likely help with getting it to
this point (within some reasonable time limits, obviously).