:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Top Pagina
Auteur: James Powell
Aan: Didier Kryn, dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
My $0.02...

Shims are not needed, or, in my viewpoint, wanted. You're still working with systemd or pseudo-systemd and either way you see it, it's still systemd. While the prospect of systemd-shim does allow to separate the API layer and logind out from the core project, as uselessd allowed the systemd-init to be separated out, it's still working with systemd, and systemd is still required to build it, the shim, from source. The only shim that doesn't require systemd is loginkit and that project hasn't really done much, no offensive meant.

To me, a shim is not the way. Sanitization is what is needed, and if that requires work, then question this, 'Will the work be worth it?' and to me the answer is a definable 'yes'.

If this is going to be System V based GNU/Linux, then why is there talk of systemd? System V GNU/Linux is not systemd GNU/Linux.

Not to push a button, but I think Funtoo had the right mindset about systemd 'No way or chance in Hell'.

-Jim