:: Re: [DNG] Using apt pinning to bloc…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Anto
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Using apt pinning to block systemd in DEVUAN 64 bit

On 15/08/15 13:53, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> I tried to install xfce4-power-manager which tried to pull in systemd.
> Does it harm my new installation of DEVUAN to use apt pinning to block
> packages like libsystemd0 and systemd?

Hello Edward,

Since months ago I always have /etc/apt/preferences.d/00blocksystemd on
any of my installs either on my PC or VPS' containing entries at the
bottom of this email.

On my PC, I have the following packages related to xfce4-power-manager
installed on my PC.

root@hp8530w:~# dpkg --list | grep xfce4-power-manager
ii  xfce4-power-manager 1.0.11-2+b1
amd64        power manager for Xfce desktop
ii  xfce4-power-manager-data 1.0.11-2
all          power manager for Xfce desktop, arch-indep files
ii  xfce4-power-manager-plugins 1.0.11-2+b1
amd64        power manager plugins for Xfce panel
root@hp8530w:~#
root@hp8530w:~# apt-cache policy xfce4-power-manager
xfce4-power-manager:
   Installed: 1.0.11-2+b1
   Candidate: 1.0.11-2+b1
   Version table:
      1.4.1-1 0
          90 http://packages.devuan.org/merged/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
  *** 1.0.11-2+b1 0
         800 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
root@hp8530w:~#

I am still using XFCE 4.8 though, as I am not happy with XFCE 4.10. I
will try XFCE 4.12 when it is available in Devuan repository.

Cheers,

Anto
----

root@hp8530w:~# cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/00blocksystemd