:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Author: T.J. Duchene
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 20:26:58 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> Oh, you wouldn't want to do that. Contrary to what I wrote in another
> thread about "the perfect is the enemy of the good", if *I* were in
> charge of decontamination, I'd throw out whole subsystems.

LOL! =)

One thing I say with the utmost respect, Steve, is that you do
not dance around. I appreciate knowing exactly where you stand on
something.

> And the people who prioritize pretty over functional and robust: I'd
> tell them to get a Mac.

I don't get where that fits in, but then to be perfectly honest, I do
not understand a great deal. I do not see any reason for the present
day dichotomy in the software world. Good software design embodies all
of those qualities. Anything less is shoddy work, and I despise not
taking pride in the craft by making a real effort.

If I had to effort some kind of idea what happened, I would have to
blame the programmer, because they were disconnected from the process of
providing what the user needs.

> And yes, I *am* a hypocrit who takes one position in one thread, and
> then says he'd do the opposite in another. :-)

That's fine! =) Blunt honesty goes a long way with someone like
myself. The only thing I ever ask from anyone is that even
disagreements remain civil. DNG has had its moments, but I think
we have been handling that pretty well lately. That is just my opinion,
of course.

Have a good night!
T.J.