:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Simon Hobson <linux@???> writes:

[...]

> As an example, I tried to upgrade one of my Wheezy systems to Jessie
> with *systemd* pinned as not installable. It took a bit of messing
> around figuring out what the broken dependencies were, and in the end
> I only had ONE single package that I needed and which wouldn't install
> - clamav-daemon (the other clamav* packages were fine, just not that
> individual one). In response to my messages on the clamav mailing list
> and bug report, it turns out that they only make ONE call to
> libsystemd during startup and then never use it again,

ClamAV claims to support FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, OpenVMS,
Slackware and Windows, all of which certainly don't have systemd. I've
just cloned the current development repository and build it on Wheezy
using a plain

./configure
make

which worked without issues and this system is certainly systemd-free,
too.

Could perhaps provide some kind of link illustrating what you were
referring to?