著者: Riccardo Boninsegna
To: Haines Brown
CC: dng
題目: [DNG] Re: Alpha2 without desktop environment
Il 13/ago/2015 10:21 PM, "Haines Brown" <haines@???> ha scritto:
> I guess I'll just try to reinstall. I initially tried to install
> testing/ascii, but couldn't complete install software. So I retreated to
> jessie, and had the same problem, but after choosing not to install CUPS
> (and no desktop manager), I finally succeeded but for the problem under
> discussion. When I redo, I'll repartition and not use the default
> partitioning scheme. I'll report on my success.

Now I understand: you went through "Install the base system" (if not more,
most likely given the issue is with Xfce), then went back to "choose a
mirror" to switch releases, then back again to base system/package
manager/install software without going back to partitioning to reformat
root?

That's where it went wrong, then: "install the base system" blindly
overwrites dpkg's status file with one matching the debootstrap that
happens for the most of that step (before it says to select a kernel
package)!

There is a warning if you "install the base system" on a non-empty
partition but it's easy to miss if you went through partitioning again
without reformatting, as it immediately follows "warnings" such as saving
the partition table and complaining about not using a swap partition!