:: [DNG] which alpha2?
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: Dng
Subject: [DNG] which alpha2?
I'm planning to install devuan aloha2 to see how it works out.
I have a laptop with a 32-bit Intel processor.

I'm going to sacrifice Windows; I no longer need it. If Devuan
doesn't take care of my essentials, I may later install Debian
temporarily in a dual boot scenario.

(1) I plan to dd an iso to a usb stick and boot from there.
Does the iso need to be modified in some way to boot from a USB stick?
The valentine alpha did.

(2) There are two obvious files on files.devian.org:

devuan-jessie-i386-alpha2-netboot-auto.iso

devuan-jessie-netboot-i386-alpha2.iso

Apart from a different order of words (which I hope is immaterial),
one of them is 'auto'.

What does this mean? Which am I likely to need?

-- hendrik