:: [DNG] [rboninsegna2+devuan@gmail.co…
Author: Haines Brown
To: Dng
Subject: [DNG] [rboninsegna2+devuan@gmail.com: Re: Alpha2 without desktop environment]
----- Forwarded message from Riccardo Boninsegna <rboninsegna2+devuan@???> -----

Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 22:02:13 +0200
From: Riccardo Boninsegna <rboninsegna2+devuan@???>
To: Haines Brown <haines@???>
Cc: Dng@???
Subject: Re: [DNG] Alpha2 without desktop environment

Il 13/ago/2015 09:48 PM, "Haines Brown" <haines@???> ha scritto:
> # which xfce4-power-manager
> /usr/bin/xfce4-power-manager
>
> # dpkg -S /usr/bin/xfce4-power-manager
> dpkg-querry: no path found matching patter /usr/bin/xcfe4-power-manager

So it's not in a package...
Unless you installed over an existing root (without reformatting), deliberately
installed Xfce without using a package, or one of dpkg's database files is
corrupted in a very weird way, I honestly don't have an idea of this
happened...

I guess I'll just try to reinstall. I initially tried to install
testing/ascii, but couldn't complete install software. So I retreated to
jessie, and had the same problem, but after choosing not to install CUPS
(and no desktop manager), I finally succeeded but for the problem under
discussion. When I redo, I'll repartition and not use the default
partitioning scheme. I'll report on my success.