:: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages
Top Pagina
Auteur: T.J. Duchene
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages

On 08/07/2015 09:31 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Trivial as in, somebody has to do it. The whole point of packaging is
> to automate a lot of the routine things involved in installation.
>
> And, because Debian (and presumeably Devuan) don't put stuff in
> default locations, packaging involves changing the default locations
> of things.
>
> Where this leads is that down the road, we either need a full set of
> Devuan-specific package maintainers, or everybody is back to compiling
> and installing from upstream source.
>
> Miles Fidelman

Good evening, Miles! =)

If I might offer an opinion, I do not think that the situation is quite
that dire. The packages that require init scripts are a tiny fraction
of the entire repository. For the moment, the scripts Devuan needs are
still in the Debian archives as Jesse has System 5 support.

Devuan can just replicate them and support them moving forward.