:: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages

On 8 August 2015 09:28:42 CEST, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@???> wrote:

>If, instead, they start removing the sysv scripts, and including
>homebrew systemd units - then we're in for a mess of rework.

both me, Franco and other VUAs are literally aiming to a fork, either after
Jessie or Ascii as infrastructure will grow and consolidate organically, as
well the maintainer base will grow with usage.

Its early to say, but this thread is just prospecting. I believe that on a longer
term we can hardly do worse tha Debian when untangling dependencies that
right now constantly drag in desktop oriented stuff, like avahi and other similar
nonsense that we almost got used to swallow all these years.

on the mid - long term it won't be just systemd to make the difference between
Devuan and Debian.

ciao