:: Re: [DNG] GTK (was Will there be a …
Author: T.J. Duchene
To: rleigh, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] GTK (was Will there be a MirDevuan \"WTF\"?)
Roger,

I haven't had a chance, but I wanted to thank you for your insights regarding
C++ last month. I've not used it as a "main language" in some time.
I was coding in C++ long before smart pointers were introduced. Old habits
die hard I suppose.

Your comments made me reconsider many things, and encouraged me to review what
I knew on the subject. While I still think that C++ has some design flaws, and
smart pointers are not a perfect solution, you are right - they do mitigate a
number of problems.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "thank you" and I hope we have many more useful
discussions in the future.

T.J.