:: Re: [DNG] multichannel audio i/o ma…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gregory Nowak
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] multichannel audio i/o management w/o pulse/dbus
On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 12:09:33PM +0200, tilt! wrote:
> I appreciate your kind offer of solving my specific
> technical problems a lot - however, as it stands, I have
> none *fingers crossed* ;-)
>
> What I want to accomplish is sufficiently addressed by my
> listing of problems a, b (grave defects) and c, d, e, f
> (various other shortcomings), the intended accomplishment
> is finding and providing reliable, flexible, and thus,
> reusable solutions for those problems.

Let me throw in my $0.01 here. I have no problem with others wanting
to improve on something that already exists. However, recent history
shows that such improvements such as pulseaudio and systemd get forced
on all of us, because other packages start to depend on them. So, if
someone wants to create an alternative to what already exists, I think
that's fine. I for one though don't want to be made to use them if I
don't want to, and wouldn't want to suddenly see devuan packages start
to depend on these new alternatives. If I'm happy with alsa, I should
just need to install alsa. If someone is happy with oss4, they should
just need to install oss4. I think this makes sense.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1