:: Re: [DNG] multichannel audio i/o ma…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] multichannel audio i/o management w/o pulse/dbus
On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 10:47:34AM +0200, tilt! wrote:

> As for problem #1, I personally feel that the lack of user
> interface (tools and documentation) of the ALSA built-in
> solutions has been and is the primary motivator for developments
> like Pulseaudio.

The paradigm here is:
Package A is unusable because of its documentation.
Better write package B which is usable.

The problem with this is that often package B is unusable for the
same reason.

But the reasons this is attractive:
I can't write the documentation without knowing what it does.
If I can write the documenntation, often the process of reporting
clearly what package A does reveals that its design is terrible. and it
would be easier to rewrite it to match reasonable documentation than to
document all its barnacles.

How many audio systems does Linux have now?

Does any of them have really low latency -- the kind you need if you
are programming the synthesizer inside a live-performance musical
instrument?

-- hendrik