:: Re: [DNG] multichannel audio i/o ma…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Joel Roth
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] multichannel audio i/o management w/o pulse/dbus
tilt! wrote:
> Hello!

[summary of ALSA features snipped]
>  d Since the setup in asoundrc is static in nature, dynamically
>    assigning a multichannel routing, for example through an
>    interactive volume control, to a specific application is
>    something I would not immediately know how to accomplish.

ALSA, cannot know how many output or input channels an
application will have. Pulse audio support includes
exchanging that information using dbus.

I think it's a problem on the application side if it won't
route to named ALSA PCM device. It's not only ALSA's fault if
an application won't let you specify the sound device.
But ALSA does offer OSS emulation that many apps use,
via device node /dev/dsp.

You don't mention what you want to accomplish specifically,
or why you were using JACK. It may be easier to solve your
specific problems, before trying to generally improve the
configuration of the audio services under Devuan.

In that case, you would be better off, IMO writing to Linux Audio
Users, where you could get authoritative answers.

Regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth