:: Re: [DNG] Unmingling kdbus and the …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Unmingling kdbus and the Linux kernel
On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 16:00:27 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>      Devuan is not opposed to kdbus, nor even to systemd. People here
> want the freedom to not use systemd; they don't deny others the right
> to use it, nor to use kdbus.

Devuan was created out of a dislike of systemd. When you say "People
here want the freedom to not use systemd; they don't deny others the
right", we're not going to deliberately and maliciously put booby traps
against systemd in Devuan.

But I hope neither you nor others interpret this as our spending a
microsecond of development time making systemd use easier. Nor that we
add even one config option to ease use of systemd. I hope nobody is
suggesting that we in the slightest inconvenience a normal Devuan user
to accommodate this hypothetical person who wants to put systemd on
Devuan, instead of using Debian.

There are probably 30 official major binary distributions[1] defaulting
to systemd. There's 1 official major binary distribution defaulting to
something else: Devuan. Devuan's priority must be to provide a
sans-systemd OS, not diluted by the irrelevant "freedom" of installing
systemd on it.

[1] Manjaro-OpenRC is a tolerated Manjaro flavor, but Officially
Manjaro is systemd.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21