:: Re: [DNG] Keeping mailing list aliv…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Rainer Weikusat
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Keeping mailing list alive - A question about error on re-compiling package
Anto <aryanto@???> writes:

[...]

> I am trying to re-compile a package that I took from Debian sid. And I
> got the following error.
>
> dh common-install-prehook-arch --parallel --with autotools-dev --with
> autoreconf --with bash-completion
> dh: Unknown sequence common-install-prehook-arch (choose from: binary
> binary-arch binary-indep build build-arch build-indep clean install
> install-arch install-indep)
> make: *** [common-install-prehook-arch] Error 255
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit
> status 2

Judging from information available on the web, that's a make target used
by another "replace something simple written in an alien language I
don't desire to learn with something horribly complicated written in a
language I happen to have learned" package named CDBS[*] and it probably
bothers you because of a debian/rules target looking like this:

%:
        dh $@

This means "whatever is asked for, build it by invoking debhelper with
its name as argument". 'common-install-prehook-arch' is documented
as

    actions before anything serious is done (like installing files),
    for arch-dependent packages

IOW, "this doesn't do anyhting". You might get by by adding a make
target

common-install-prehook-arch:
    echo "April is the cruellest month"

(or any other nonsense command of your choice), however, there's a good
chance that this will just get you to the next 'CDBS target defined in
case someone wants to use it for something'. I've settled on "don't try
to compile unstable packages on anything but sid, use the upstream
sources instead" some time after the libc6 switch ...

[*] Chinese Duck-Buildling System?