:: Re: [DNG] Keeping mailing list aliv…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Isaac Dunham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Anto
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Keeping mailing list alive - A question about error on re-compiling package
On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 02:12:54PM +0200, Anto wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I don't usually get answers on this kind of basic questions, so I post it to
> keep the mailing list alive.
>
> I am trying to re-compile a package that I took from Debian sid. And I got
> the following error.

See www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise ;)
If you want an answer, tell us which package.

> dh common-install-prehook-arch --parallel --with autotools-dev --with
> autoreconf --with bash-completion
> dh: Unknown sequence common-install-prehook-arch (choose from: binary
> binary-arch binary-indep build build-arch build-indep clean install
> install-arch install-indep)
> make: *** [common-install-prehook-arch] Error 255
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit
> status 2
>

> There is no "common-install-prehook-arch" either in the source package or
> the debian directory itself. So I am not sure why the debian/rules picks
> that up. Searching the internet also does not give me hints on what causing
> that. Could anybody please give me some suggestions where to look at?

Do you mean no such *file*, or no such *string*?
If the former, see if you can find that string in debian/rules.

Also, google suggests that this has something to do with cdbs; make sure
that's installed.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham