:: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB…
Author: Laurent Bercot
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB sticks
On 29/07/2015 18:03, tilt! wrote:
> My estimate is that such daemon was not resource hungry:

Actually, I'm talking about a daemon consuming entirely negligible
resources, performing no polling at all, only reacting to an
external command performed either manually or via the hotplug helper.

I know the advantages of the daemon approach, I use it myself and
advocate it any chance I get. Unfortunately, I have found that many
users are reluctant to add yet another daemon to their systems, no
matter how few resources it takes, no matter how big a security hole
it plugs.

So I'm just putting the link to the mechanism up there, and mentioning
that sudo is a solved problem. Now, policy is up to you guys.

--
Laurent