:: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB…
Author: tilt!
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB sticks
Hi,

Steve Litt wrote on 29/07/2015 at 06:25 CEST:
> [...]
> Meanwhile, as far as I can see, their entanglement with
> polkit does nothing more than my idea about sudo.
> Does anyone see any reason why polkit should be assumed
> more secure than sudo?

I don't know about polkit, but sudoers(5) is a mess, and for
something else than a quickhack (I know, they last longest!),
I would not entrust sudo(8) with a mount(8) invocation before
serious consideration.

Commandline executables' option surfaces are so convoluted
and the programs have so many "features" that, for example,
I can not immediately tell if it is possible to launch a shell
via invocation of mount(8) or not.

> [...]

Kind regards,
T.