著者: KatolaZ
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] A better default windows manager
On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 02:49:54PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> As far as Windowmaker and Gnustep, if you can get those to serve you in
> any kind of productive way, you're a better man than I. I find Unity
> easier to use than those two. Speaking of Unity, Unity proved how many
> users a distro could blow off just because of its *default and
> changeable* desktop environment choice. Nobody ever got fired for
> buying Xfce: I'd stick with the plan.

You see Steve, it's always a matter of taste :) I have never been able
to get around with GNOME since GNOME2 went out, and things went worse
with GNOME3 and Unity. The last version of KDE I used was 2.something:
what came next was just confusion, IMHO.

Apart from my personal "age of Enlightenment", I have always been
happy with WMaker and/or xmonad. Hence I believe I am not a good
example of an "average user", and I think that the default install
should have something like XFCE, LXDE, or WhateverDE.

I suppose that the average user wants something that does not need any
explanation to work just fine, while I don't mind the default of the
distribution and spend the first few hours after installation
recreating exactly the same environment I have had in my desktop
machines for ages :)

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]