:: Re: [DNG] GTK (was Will there be a…
Top Pagina
Auteur: T.J. Duchene
Aan: dng
Oude Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] GTK (was Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?)
On Thursday, July 23, 2015 08:22:55 PM Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 12:12:01AM +0200, Teodoro Santoni wrote:
> > ... but, yeah, it's outside the scope of Devuan. D-Bus just sucks and is
> > documented on a random basis, when you compare it to the rest of
> > GNU/Fedora
> > it's... like GTK: it sucks, there are alternatives but it's a PITA to port
> > away 'cause a lot of big codebases uses them as foundation.
>
> So there are alternatives to GTK: Do any suck less? What are they?

What's wrong with GTK? I don't care for it, but it is not any worse than
Microsoft's UI.

There are lots of alternatives. wxWidgets and Qt are the most common
suggestions, but there are far more esoteric ones. If you are aiming for
widest portability support, Qt is probably your best bet.

I don't care for it myself - because it is C++. I do not believe in OOP as a
decent paradigm for software development. I'm know I am in the minority, but
I am not alone. Even Google has reined in use of some of the worst features
of OOP. Programmers working for Google are not allowed to use exceptions.

Laters!

T.J.