Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] sans-dbus: was Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?
Le 23/07/2015 22:19, Isaac Dunham a écrit :
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 12:12:36PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>

>> >For those of you who don't want dbus, my experience tells me that
>> >getting rid of it would involve something like the following:
>> >
>> >* Use something like fvwm, Openbox or LXDE that makes minimal or no use
>> >of dbus.
>> >
>> >* Don't use NetworkManager. I don't remember whether Wicd uses dbus or
>> >not. If Wicd uses dbus, just do a combination of iwlist scanning and
>> >wpa_supplicant to "dial in" Wifi.
> wpa_cli will also work; if anyone's interested, I've written a shellscript
> based on dialog that simplifies configuring wpa_supplicant.

     I don't understand why you, Isaac, and also Steve want to do this
yourself and always avoid speaking of wpa_gui. wpa_gui will really help
you configuring wpa_supplicant. It detects all the needed parameters and
only requires you to enter the secret keys. Why rewrite all this
yourself (unless for training)?

     BTW I had a look at wicd the other day and read I could only
configure it for one  wifi station. Is that true? wpa_supplicant can
store an unlimited list of stations and connect to the one it detects...
I have more than 30 in my wpa_supplicant.conf -- labs, homes, hotels, bars.

     Didier