:: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan…
Author: Laurent Bercot
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?
On 23/07/2015 10:36, T.J. Duchene wrote:
> I do not understand this animosity toward D-BUS. Could you please
> explain why it is such a point of contention? It is a only a
> protocol, with many different implementations. It is comfortably
> very generic and used on other UNIXs.

Simple: it has a horrific design and implementation. It actually
exhibits the same technical problems as systemd: it is a monolithic
thing that attempts to do everything, and manages to do everything
badly.

AFAIK, there are no political problems with D-Bus; the political
issue comes from those who want to integrate it into the kernel. But
boy, are there technical problems. I pity every maintainer in charge
of software that uses D-Bus.
Just one single example:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1930358/focus=1939166
Using that many resources is horrendous, and a sure sign of terrible,
terrible engineering.

I agree that it's a fight for another time, though.

--
Laurent