:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Author: Ста Деюс
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Good time of the day, Klaus.

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 17:02:55 +0100 you wrote:

> Even though mc is something good for beginners but debian or devuan is
> not focusing on beginners and even devuan is focusing on "veteran unix
> admins" so vi(m) would be the only proper choice. :-D

I do not agree. I also use Linux not the first decade, and all that
time never used vi(m) and always used MC even in X-sessions. Especially
it is of great worth when in single mode (when repairing OS): MC and
MCedit.

On other hand vim/nano -- are hard to use w/ its not usual keys binding
and other stuff -- i do not remember of already for now. Whereas MCedit
uses F-keys -- that people could get habit when they used DOS programs.
-- Also, for every F-key there is a note below the screen -- so that w/
a single key press a function is called, and even a newbie can do basic
and essential functions.

So MC is the proper choice.

Regards, Sthu.