:: Re: [DNG] startup scripts (was dng@…
Author: James Powell
To: Didier Kryn, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] startup scripts (was dng@lists.dyne.org)
The boot scripts can be somewhat universal, but not always. Runit and s6 require some very special and specific service and boot scripts for init, plus a lot of custom service scripts. These are what need the most attention. The init stage scripts are going to be unique to each init system as well.

Stage 1 in Runit is the one shot primary system startup sequences, while in s6, stage 1 is the init system script itself.

These can be translated between each as needed, but each init should be made to have it's own stuff. In the long term, the scripts will not need much maintenance if they are done correctly.

Sent from my Windows Phone