:: Re: [DNG] dng@lists.dyne.org
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] dng@lists.dyne.org
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:19:59 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 07:22:49PM -0700, James Powell wrote:
> > Yes, but I mean alts like s6, Runit, etc. In the past these were
> > left to the users to make for themselves. For these to be viable,
> > they need full script sets ready to go.
> >

> If one had infinite energy available, everything would be possible in
> zero time...
>
> You guys talk about supporting half a dozen init systems like it was
> similar to providing half a dozen different editors, which believe me
> is not quite the case.

That wasn't what I was saying at all. I think something got lost in the
top-posting.

All I said was that individual users could, if they'd like, alt-init
their Devuan machines. And I also later said that if we alt-initters
made good notes, then if and when Devuan decided to switch to a
different init (*one* different init), they'd have a path to follow.

I said nothing about who would make/maintain init scripts, run scripts,
Epoch config files, etc. That's a question for much, much later.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21