:: Re: [DNG] vi for beginners
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] vi for beginners
Le 17/07/2015 01:54, Adam Borowski a écrit :
> Then, you can use cat to display a file's contents, and sed or echo >>
> to edit needed files (typically /etc/apt/sources.list and
> /etc/network/interfaces) enough to let you apt-get install an usable editor.

     I've done this kind of things a few times on systems with only
Busybox, where vi is the only available editor. The most convenient
situation is when system's console is a serial terminal connected to an
xterm on another host by minicom. then you can edit a file on host and
cat it with the mouse.

     Didier