:: Re: [DNG] dng@lists.dyne.org
Author: T.J. Duchene
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] dng@lists.dyne.org
> Throwing users to the wolves is not an option, and never should have
been one. Either an init script set be complete and maintained, or don't
bother including it.

Actually, I think that is Debian's POV too. Since they are switching to
Systemd, no one is maintaining the S5 scripts, so in all likelihood they
will be dropped in the future. I don't blame them for that, but it is
unfortunate. Systemd still has some annoyances.