:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 03:00:35PM -0500, T.J. Duchene wrote:
> Guys, if you don't mind my saying so, I think that change to the sake of
> change is really not very useful.
>
> More importantly, Devuan needs to keep vi installed in any case, in
> order to conform to the POSIX standard. I'm tired of the Linux
> community deciding to ignore UNIX standards. If Devuan is going to
> break even further from away from POSIX then the usual Linux, then to be
> perfectly honest, I will not be using it.

Of course, keep vi around in the default install because it's standard.
Just don't force it on people who haven't had the chance to choose a
default editor.

-- hendrik

> At the very least can we agree that if we are going to change things
> that a POSIX metapackage is needed so that conformance can be obtained
> as close as possible with ease?

Sounds useful. Could use it to bring things back to conformance if
they've strayed over time, too.