:: Re: [DNG] nano for beginners
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] nano for beginners

On 16/07/15 16:39, Rob Owens wrote:
> I noted some people saying they were confused by nano. Here are basic
> instructions to get you far enough that you can install your editor of
> choice. I am deliberately leaving out things like cutting and pasting.
> If your goal is just to get a different editor installed, these
> instructions should suffice.
>
> 1) To edit a file, type:
>
> nano /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> 2) Use cursor keys to navigate.
>
> 3) Typing inserts text. The delete and backspace keys work as
> expected.
>
> 4) Ctrl-O saves the file. Nano's menu at the bottom of the screen
> calls this "Write Out". You will have the option to change the name
> of the file. On my system, there is no blinking cursor. But the
> cursor is in fact at the end of the filename. Use your cursor keys
> or the backspace key and you will see it.
>
> 5) Ctrl-X exits. If there are unsaved changes, it will prompt you
> to save by asking "Save modified buffer?".

Thanks Rob,

I am not good in using vi but I find it easier than nano. And I tend to
make less mistake with vi than nano.

In vi I use 10yy and then p to copy and paste 10 lines. And I use 10dd
to delete 10 lines and press u to undo that if I mistakenly deleted the
wrong lines. What are the equivalent commands for that in nano?

Cheers,

Anto