:: Re: [DNG] Systemd support in util-l…
Author: T.J. Duchene
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd support in util-linux
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:20:31 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> I think it is a very good thing to have config scripts checking for
> the existence of systemd. This means that developers still consider
> systemd a non standard component of a GNU/Linux system, like a library
> that you can have in your system or not. I will be more concerned when
> nobody checks for systemd any more, meaning that it is somehow implied
> to exist in your system, in some form...
>
> HND
>
> KatolaZ

I second that, KatolaZ.

Just because a script looks for it means that it is, or will ever be, a
requirement. Dev scripts typically look for everything, including the
kitchen sink. It's nothing to worry about, just a convenience for those
who do want to configure the source to use systemd.

Whether we like it or not, systemd is a part of the Linux community,
and devs have every reasonable expectation to provide support if it is
wished.

It's all about diversity of views and code.

T.J.