:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stephan Seitz
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 02:40:49PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>taste. They even have those wonderful "Predictable Network Interface
>Names" (http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/).
>Silly me, I thought eth0 was predictable.

If you only have one NIC, yes it is. If you have more than one (even
maybe with different drivers), your eth0 is not predictable anymore.
You could say that is the fault of the kernel and the whole event based
crap.

Some distribution used udev rules and renamed the interfaces according to
the rule file, but this could lead to race conditions (udev tried to
rename ethX to ethY while the kernel want to name the next NIC ethY, then
you got some nasty ethY_renamed interface).

Shade and sweet water!

    Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@??? |