:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rob Owens
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Steve Litt" <slitt@???>

> On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 18:45:19 +0200
> Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:
>

>>      That said, I fully agree with you that udev is the major weapon
>> the systemd team is using to lock themselves in the place, and
>> breaking udev monopoly with vdev is the answer.

>>      Didier

> I did a lot of work with Gentoo over the weekend, and from my
> perspective, although Gentoo inits with OpenRC, it seems to default to
> udev, not eudev, and there's way to much systemd type stuff for my
> taste. They even have those wonderful "Predictable Network Interface
> Names"
> (http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/).
> Silly me, I thought eth0 was predictable.
>
> I know I can get back eth0 with a kernel argument, but I'm just
> illustrating how var Gentoo has gone down the systemd path.

Steve,

If you're interested, give Funtoo a try. I've been using it lately and I
like it. It uses OpenRC and eudev. The maintainers have a fairly
anti-systemd stance.

I am of the belief that sysvinit isn't all that bad, and I'd rather use
it than learn something new. But I've found OpenRC relatively easy to
understand and work with.

-Rob