:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Happy (Bank) Holiday…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Troy Benjegerdes
A: System undo crew
Asunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Happy (Bank) Holidays - Varoufakian Economics and UBI
... see my comments at the end ...

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 09:13:33PM +0200, Caleb James DeLisle wrote:
> It's been a while since I've seen mail on this list so I thought I'd stir up a little
> troll thread and see what comes of it.
>
> While popcorn is going round over The Hacking Team being thoroughly pwnd, it seems that
> due to being not well liked by his negotiating partners, Yanis Varoufakis is again
> unemployed and with an ongoing Bank Holiday which began June 29th, Greece has returned
> to it's knees, requesting another loan.
>
> What's interesting is that Yanis seems to have a coherent explanation for what's going
> on, and he uses the metaphore of the Minotaur, a beast in Greek Mythology which demanded
> and devoured human sacrifices. The Global Minotaur of Yanis's books is the Wall Street
> money machine which (it is conjectured) died suddenly in 2008, sending the world economy
> tumbling ever since.

We do not need money, but money sure needs us (to feed it's ever growing desire)

> The jist of the story seems to be that it is not the fault of the big spenders that we
> are in economic crisis but rather of scrimpy conservitive savers. The hard working
> undemanding Germans and Chinese of our world would not so much as think to give money
> to their impoverished neighbors in Greece, Spain or India because they didn't *earn* it.
> Instead they will put that money into safe investments... Investing in AAA rated
> Wall Street assets in solid American institutions which are, but for their incredible
> capacity to command more and more loans, absolutely bankrupt. While these institutions
> pump the borrowed money into government spending, corporate loans and the housing bubble,
> Americans dutifully use it to buy the Chinese goods. So all is well as everybody has a job,
> food on the table and a place to sleep at night. In good times, the system remains
> surprisingly stable, as the good German or Chinese man is no more likely to spend than is
> the unemployed American graduate likely to pay off his onerous student loans, but it is
> wildly complex and inefficient. Fundimentally such a system doesn't exist to satisfy any
> real economic need or even an imagined need for American global domination, it exists
> simply to bend the world around the worldview of the Germans, Dutch, Chinese and all of
> the other conservative peoples who cannot cope with the thought of giving something away.
>

> So if this theory is to be believed, why don't we establish a trade and currency zone
> which levies a progressive income tax and distributes the money to every person in equal
> measure?
>
> Finally, if Unconditional Basic Income is actually economically defensible, could it not
> be implemented through a cryptocurrency with an identity management extension?

I can't sell my damn corn if nobody has money to buy it. So I have to give away the money.

I expect at some point some other farmers will wise up to this idea. In the meantime, the
basic mincome sharing community concept is starting to look like I might actually be able
to put something together

http://minco.me
http://minco.me/RFC.html
http://7el.us/principles.html

The current working concept is buy some farmland, and set up a housing co-operative to
own the land. Then set up a producer co-op to grow food for export and distribute money
to co-op members via basic income. This will be easier if the accounting system is a
triple-entry accounting basic-income cryptocurrency.

Send me better html/marketing material.