:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Happy (Bank) Holiday…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Devon Read
A: System undo crew
Asunto: Re: [unSYSTEM] Happy (Bank) Holidays - Varoufakian Economics and UBI
Great summary Caleb, thanks for sharing it

> So if this theory is to be believed, why don't we establish a trade and
> currency zone
> which levies a progressive income tax and distributes the money to every
> person in equal
> measure?

My concern about this suggestion would be that taxes = force, even if they
are intended to be used for benevolent purposes.

> Finally, if Unconditional Basic Income is actually economically
> defensible, could it not
> be implemented through a cryptocurrency with an identity management
> extension?

Yes, i sure think it could be (and also that an unconditional basic income
is defensible)

Tho i'd argue that the way to create the pool of money needed to give
everyone a basic income should be provided through replacing the massive
economic activities that the private banks provide with crowd-owned, open
source and transparent mechanisms that accomplish the same benevolent goals
that those institutions claim they exist for (like an honest, transparent
IMF), but with dramatically improved efficiencies and much lower costs.

Just my 2 cents

Devon