:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Teodoro Santoni
Aan: Arnt Gulbrandsen
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 09:52:07AM +0100, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
> Fifty processes, you say...
>
> ftp.cdrom.com was a single freebsd server, and it served around 10k
> simultaneous users in the nineties. There were 10k processes, each of which
> was actively performing disk and network I/O.
>
> There is a limit to how many processes one can run on a single server
> without overstraining the scheduler, but fifty isn't it.

Saying "one process per user" is not at all as terrible as saying "50
processes per user".
I think that was more a matter of what you deem right and useful to have
running, not what it's theorically possible to fit in the scheduler.
Fun fact: counting zombie processes, I actually have 50 processes running
under my user, according to ps.

--
Teodoro Santoni

Something is wrong. I don't wanna compile 20 KB of Go code to list files.