:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Author: James Powell
To: T.J. Duchene, 'dng'
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
True and all but there is only one problem with FLOS...

Linux is a kernel.
GNU is the operating system.

This is the problem people fail to see. Yes, the Linux kernel isn't just a kernel, it's tools used specifically between GNU and the kernel.

The problem with systemd is its trying to merge two systems that have never been merged for good reason. To keep GNU a clean room OS and keep the userland and kernelspaces separated.

Creating a complete OS is a nice idea, but GNU is not Linux, and Linux is not GNU.

Sent from my Windows Phone