:: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experienc…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Gregory Nowak
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experience with Devuan Alpha2)
On Sun, Jul 05, 2015 at 09:53:16PM +0630, Ста Деюс wrote:
> Probably. Then, excuse me for the noise. But you may know how it
> happens: you just see something that you would help with. -- Then you
> have ether to reply or to walk by. -- Going to look for whole the
> thread -- is extra task. So it remains to answer or walk by. -- I
> choose the first. -- Still i think it is better to answer not given
> question than walk by -- as the interested side (thread/question
> author) will accept the answer or reject it -- depending on what he/she
> already said. -- So it can be of worth to her/him.

No need to apologize. If there's a thread I can't help with or that
doesn't interest me, I too move along and ignore it. I agree as well
that if someone can help, it's better to give an imperfect answer than
not to give one at all. That way, whoever is asking for help will at
least have a chance to resolve the issue being dealt with.

> Oh, i see now. Here nothing to say for me -- i stand far from such
> software, and it seems your choice is little for now. But, may, if
> you're much concerned of the software -- to try compile yourself the
> binaries -- the goal is to reduce components of GNOME -- and so your
> dependency of whole project? -- May, there are a lot of technologies
> (libraries) are used that you can easily get rid of? -- Just food for
> thinking.

You're right. I suppose if I was desperate enough, I'd try that. Since
I haven't yet done so, that must mean I'm not desperate enough
(grin). Thanks for your help/ideas.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net