:: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experienc…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Gregory Nowak
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experience with Devuan Alpha2)
On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 07:58:44PM +0630, Ста Деюс wrote:
> You just didn't mention your circumstances before ny
> advice.

I did actually, but in another thread which you might have missed.

> But i still do not understand the value of the reader from what i have
> read in the gnome-orca package description. -- As i understood it
> associates events of keys pressing and app.s running some scripts to
> respond to that. -- If it was correct, then why you just not use
> hot-keys of your beloved window manager and some kind of demon that
> watches those events from the app.s in case it signals some way? --
> Another option is looking for something similar as ready solution - may
> package it yourself, etc.

Yes, the gnome-orca package description seems to be quite
over-simplified. Try this:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca_(assistive_technology)>

I think the introduction there does a better job than the package
description.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net