:: Re: [DNG] OT: Terminal application …
Página Principal
Autor: Gregory Nowak
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] OT: Terminal application for multitrack audio (was Re: Sound (Was: My experience with Devuan Alpha2))
On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 11:02:54AM -0430, Richard wrote:
> ​Lots of calls from cli. ​

Ok, I'll admit I haven't tried this, but do plan to play with
it. Having said that, I still see the following issues:

1. Using this in headless mode seems to only allow for
exporting/printing of documents, but not for importing. So, if someone
sent me a docx/doc document for example to look over and possibly
edit, I can't send it back to them retaining the same formatting.

2. To interact with this seems to require an x display. Since as I
mentioned there's no x screen reader as far as I know, I could type
into a document without feedback at best, or have my keystrokes do
nothing at worst.

There is the mention of an API, so it should be possible to import a
document from this into a text editor like emacs for example, and
export back to libreoffice retaining most if not all
formatting. Whether something which can do this already exists or not,
I don't know. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I really do
appreciate all the suggestions so far for operating from the CLI
exclusively.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net