:: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan…
Página Principal
Autor: Ста Деюс
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan Alpha2
Доброго времени суток, Fernando.

Спасибо за ответ, Fri, 3 Jul 2015 11:36:29 -0300, вы писали:
> Simple enough is lightdm and you can make multiseat with several
> monitors/keyboards/mice or switch VMs (Control+Alt+Fn) to enable
> several users each with her own Xsession.
>
> If you run XFCE inside your session, it provides a dialog to open new
> session ("Change user" or something like that) and has alerts whenever
> you try to shutdown (i.e. "There are other users logged in, do you
> want to shutdown anyway?" ).

written myself scripts to organize sessions, calling for «KDM» in its
turn -- right from my current session. I consider now «LightDM» and
look for the command that makes new session. Do you know the command?

> I really don't know much of XFCE nor lighhtdm (I use awesome) but my
> family and coworkers use them and are happy.
>
> I use startx in _my_ own boxes, but install lightdm in some of my home
> computers to allow wife and sons share them without forcing them to
> close and open new sessions all the time.

Personally, i think that calling startx from text console is not
confortable -- either you use X-app.s or console ones -- even it is OK
to use both from the X-sessions (from terminal) -- why switch to and
fro just clicking monitor modes? Also, i think that second startx would
complain on no screen available - on single monitor. Though i may
mistake nowadays.

С уважением,
Ста.