:: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experienc…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Nate Bargmann
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experience with Devuan Alpha2)
* On 2015 02 Jul 05:49 -0500, Klaus Ethgen wrote:

> What will be the alternatives?

I have the same question. While I'm not cheerleader for PA, it works
for me on the desktop. However, due to ridding myself of most traces of
freedesktop.org packages on my main desktop computer running Debian
Jessie, I can no longer hear audio from Firefox either via Flash or
HTML5. Audacity does weird things now while Audacious can be configured
to use ALSA directly. Fldigi is usable with the Portaudio backend and
so on.

I really did like the per application settings that pavucontrol gives
and I do miss that. A PulseAudio that would work without logind or a
display manager would be most welcome.

- Nate