:: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
Página Principal
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: Martin Steigerwald
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 12:11:12PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Freitag, 19. Juni 2015, 11:16:12 schrieb Jude Nelson:
> > Whelp, looks like kdbus in systemd is no longer optional (but to be fair,
> > its use can be disabled at runtime, and won't be used anyway if kdbus
> > isn't present in the kernel).
> >
> > Announcement:
> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2015-June/033170.html
>
> Sorry, missed that as I wrote my post a minute ago.
>
> It is exactly this attitude and this approach that I feel uneasy about.
> Instead of humbly waiting and working towards having kdbus accepted to the
> kernel, systemd developers seem to use any means to create pressure to have
> it included eventually.

And you will see that they will have it included in the kernel, as
they have had systemd accepted as the default init in any existing
GNU/Linux distribution.

I still have problems understanding why this is happening, and maybe a
caveman like me will never get through it, but this is how things work
in this community nowadays. And that's exactly why I have now also
problems recognising this as *my* community....

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]