:: [DNG] Packages aren't the only path…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] Packages aren't the only path to alternate inits
Hi all,

After the recent discussions, I'd like to point out that packages
aren't the ONLY path to alternate inits. I've personally demonstrated
that with SucklessInit+daemontoolsEncore, SucklessInit+s6, runit, and
Epoch, it's quite doable to download, build, and install these things in
parallel to each other.

I fully endorse the effort to put alternative inits in packages. It
would be wonderful to have, for instance, an Epoch package that "just
works". I also endorse those individuals who go the out-of-package
route.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key